Little Dorrit / by Charles Dickens ; with fifty-eight illustrations by J. Mahoney.
- London : Chapman and Hall, 193 Piccadilly, 
- Physical Description:
- viii, 423,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4562 .A1 1873Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by Dalziel; after James Mahoney.
Printed by Virtue and Co., London.
Date of publication from Topp.
Engraved vignette on title page.
Text printed in double columns.
Topp, C.W. Victorian yellowbacks & paperbacks, 1849-1905, v. 3, 422
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary three-quarter green roan and marbled boards; with marbled endpapers. Bookplate: Rachel Baker Gale.
Printed by Virtue and Co., Limited, City Road.
- Subject Terms:
- Chapman and Hall -- PublisherChildren of prisoners -- Fiction.Debt, Imprisonment for -- Fiction.English literature -- 19th century.Fathers and daughters -- Fiction.Gale, Rachel Baker -- BookplateInheritance and succession -- Fiction.London (England) -- Fiction.Marshalsea Prison (Southwark, London, England) -- Fiction.Ross, David and Judith -- ProvenanceVirtue and Co. -- Printer
- Wood engravings -- 1873.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.