Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870, The life and adventures of Nicholas Nickleby , 
The life and adventures of Nicholas Nickleby / by Charles Dickens ; with fifty-nine illustrations by F. Barnard.
- London : Chapman and Hall, 193 Piccadilly, 
- Physical Description:
- xii, 420 p.,  leaves of plates : ill.; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4565 .A1 1875Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings by Dalziel; after Frederick Barnard.
Printed by Virtue and Co., London.
Date of publication from Topp.
Engraved vignette on title page.
Text printed in double columns.
Topp, C.W. Victorian yellowbacks & paperbacks, 1849-1905, v. 3, 511
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary three-quarter green roan and marbled boards; with marbled endpapers. Bookplate: Rachel Baker Gale.
- Subject Terms:
- Boarding schools -- Fiction.Chapman and Hall -- PublisherEnglish literature -- 19th century.Gale, Rachel Baker -- BookplatePoor families -- Fiction.Ross, David and Judith -- ProvenanceTheatrical companies -- Fiction.Virtue and Co. -- PrinterYoung men -- Fiction.
- Picaresque literature.
Wood engravings -- 1875.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.