A tale of two cities / by Charles Dickens ; with twenty-five illustrations by F. Barnard.
- London : Chapman and Hall, 193 Piccadilly, 
- Physical Description:
- , 176 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4571 .A1 1874Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary three-quarter green roand and marbled boards; with marbled endpapers. Bookplate: Rachel Baker Gale.
BEIN 2018 9521: Number 2 of 3 titles bound together. From the Herbert Furse collection of Charles Dickens.
Engravings by Dalziel; after Frederick Barnard.
Printed by Virtue and Co., London.
Date of publication from Topp.
Text printed in double columns.
Engraved vignette on title page.
Topp, C.W. Victorian yellowbacks & paperbacks, 1849-1905, 450
- Subject Terms:
- Chapman and Hall -- Publisher.English literature -- 19th century.Executions and executioners -- Fiction.Fathers and daughters -- Fiction.France -- History -- Revolution, 1789-1799 -- Fiction.French -- England -- London -- Fiction.Furse, Herbert, 1919-1999 -- Ownership.Gale, Rachel Baker -- Bookplate.London (England) -- History -- 18th century -- Fiction.Lookalikes -- Fiction.Paris (France) -- History -- 1789-1799 -- Fiction.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Virtue and Co. -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.