Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870, A tale of two cities , 
- A tale of two cities / by Charles Dickens ; with twenty-five illustrations by F. Barnard.
- London : Chapman and Hall, 193 Piccadilly, 
- Physical Description:
- , 176 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4571 .A1 1874Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by Dalziel; after Frederick Barnard.
Printed by Virtue and Co., London.
Date of publication from Topp.
Text printed in double columns.
Engraved vignette on title page.
Topp, C.W. Victorian yellowbacks & paperbacks, 1849-1905, 450
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary three-quarter green roand and marbled boards; with marbled endpapers. Bookplate: Rachel Baker Gale.
- Subject Terms:
- Chapman and Hall -- Publisher.English literature -- 19th century.Executions and executioners -- Fiction.Fathers and daughters -- Fiction.France -- History -- Revolution, 1789-1799 -- Fiction.French -- England -- London -- Fiction.Gale, Rachel Baker -- Bookplate.London (England) -- History -- 18th century -- Fiction.Lookalikes -- Fiction.Paris (France) -- History -- 1789-1799 -- Fiction.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Virtue and Co. -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1874.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.