The uncommercial traveller / by Charles Dickens with twenty-six illustrations by E.G. Dalziel.
- London : Chapman and Hall, 193 Piccadilly, 
- Physical Description:
- ,174 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4572 .U53 1877Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN Gimbel/Dickens +D66 Set 3 4: Original wrappers.
Engravings by the Dalziel Brothers.
Printed by Virtue and Co., City Road.
Date of publication from Topp.
Chapman and Hall originally issued the Household edition of Dickens's works in 101 monthly parts from July 1871 to January 1880; each volume was subsequently issued individually in wrappers and publishers' bindings. The uncommercial traveler began in part 74 (Aug. 1877) and concluded in part 76 (Oct. 1877).
Text printed in double columns.
Engraved vignette on t.p.
In blue paper wrappers.
Series statement from wrapper.
Topp, C.W. Victorian yellowbacks & paperbacks, p. 515
Podeschi, J.B. Dickens, D66, 3rd set
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half green leather and marbled boards, with marbled endpapers. Bookplate: Rachel Baker Gale. Has bound with it: Christmas books by Charles Dickens. London: Chapman and Hall, .
- Subject Terms:
- Gale, Rachel Baker -- Bookplate.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.
- Wood engravings -- 1877.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.