Christmas books / by Charles Dickens ; with twenty-eight illustrations by F. Barnard.
- Additional Title(s):
Christmas books, Christmas stories
- London : Chapman & Hall, 193 Piccadilly, 
- Physical Description:
- , 200 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4572 .U53 1877Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings by the Dalziel Brothers.
Possibly from the Household edition of the works of Charles Dickens.
Printed by Virtue and Co., Limited, City Road.
Date of publication from Topp.
Engraved vignette on t.p.
Text printed in double columns.
Topp, C.W. Victorian yellowbacks & paperbacks, p. 523
BAC: British Art Center copy bound with: The uncommercial traveller, by Charles Dickens. London: Chapman and Hall, .
- Subject Terms:
- Chapman and Hall -- Publisher.Gale, Rachel Baker -- Bookplate.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Virtue and Co. -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1877.
- A Christmas carol
- The chimes --The cricket on the hearth
- The battle of life
- The haunted man.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.