Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870. David Copperfield, The personal history of David Copperfield , 
The personal history of David Copperfield / by Charles Dickens ; with sixty-one illustrations by J. Barnard.
- London : Chapman and Hall, 193 Piccadilly, 
- Physical Description:
- vi, 437 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4558 .A1 1872+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by Dalziel; after Frederick Barnard.
Printed by Virtue and Co., London.
Date of publication from Topp.
Text printed in double columns.
Engraved vignette on title page.
Topp, C.W. Victorian yellowbacks & paperbacks, 1849-1905, v. 3, 395
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary three-quarter green roan and marbled boards; with marbled endpapers. BAC copy imperfect: front board lacking.
- Subject Terms:
- Chapman and Hall -- PublisherEngland -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Fiction.English fiction -- 19th century.Orphans -- Fiction.Ross, David and Judith -- ProvenanceVirtue and Co. -- PrinterYoung men -- Fiction.
- Autobiographical fiction.
Wood engravings -- 1872.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.