Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870, The life and adventures of Martin Chuzzlewit , 
The life and adventures of Martin Chuzzlewit / by Charles Dickens ; with fifty-nine illustrations by J. Barnard.
- London : Chapman and Hall, 193 Piccadilly ; 
New York : D. Appleton and Co., Broadway, 
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 423,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4563 .A1 1872Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings by Dalziel; after Frederick Barnard.
Printed by Virtue and Co., , London.
Date of publication from Topp.
Text is printed in double columns.
With an engraved vignette on the title page.
Topp, C.W. Victorian yellowbacks & paperbacks, 1849-1905, v. 3, 371
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary three-quarter green roan and marbled boards, with marbled endpapers. Bookplate: Rachel Baker Gale.
- Subject Terms:
- Avarice -- Fiction.British -- United States -- Fiction.Chapman and Hall -- PublisherEngland -- Fiction.Gale, Rachel Baker -- BookplateGrandfathers -- Fiction.Ross, David and Judith -- ProvenanceUnited States -- Description and travel -- Fiction.Virtue and Co. -- PrinterYoung men -- Fiction.
- Black humor (Literature)
Wood engravings -- 1872.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.