Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870, American notes and reprinted pieces , 
- American notes and reprinted pieces / by Charles Dickens ; with eight illustrations.
- London : Chapman and Hall, 193, Piccadilly, 
- Physical Description:
- , 316, 172 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4572 .A44 1868Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations in American notes and reprinted pieces are signed MS (Marcus Stone?). Illustrations in The uncommercial traveller are by Edward Gurden Dalziel. Engravings for both parts by Dalziel Brothers.
"Charles Dickens edition."--P.  of preliminaries.
Printed by Virtue and Co., City Road, London.
Probable date of publication from British Museum.
The uncommercial traveller, 172 p., has separate title page and signings.
BM (compact edition), v. 7, 213
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's black- and blind-stamped green cloth.
- American notes -- Long voyage -- Begging-letter writer -- Child's dream of a star -- Our English watering-place -- Our French watering-place -- Bill-sticking -- "Births, Mrs. Meeks, of a son" -- Lying awake -- Poor relations's story -- Child's story -- Schoolboy's story -- Nobody's story -- Ghost of art -- Out of town -- Out of the season -- Poor man's tale of a patent -- Noble savage -- Flight -- Detective police -- Three 'detective' anecdotes -- On duty with Inspector Field -- Down with the tide -- Walk in a workhouse -- Prince Bull: a fairy tale -- Plated article -- Our honorable friend -- Our school -- Our vestry -- Our bore -- Monument of French folly -- Christmas tree -- Uncommercial traveller.
- Subject Terms:
- Chapman and Hall -- Publisher.United States -- Description and travel -- 19th century.United States -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Virtue and Co. -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1868.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.