Arrowsmith, Aaron, 1750-1823, Map of America , 4th September 1804
Map of America / by A. Arrowsmith ; engraved by W. West, the hills by H. Wilson.
- London : A. Arrowsmith, No. 24 Rathbone Place, 4th September 1804.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : hand col., dissected and mounted on linen ; 118 x 143 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMaps/Atlases 1862 AmericaYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View a digital version in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database (70 1804)
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:14,700,000].
- Relief shown by hachures and shading.
Stevens & Tree. Comparative cartography, 1, p. 306
Goss, J. Mapping of North America, map 70, p. 152
Includes ornate title cartouche with American plants and animals, engraved by W. & G. Cooke.
- Subject Terms:
- America -- Maps.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.