Arrowsmith, Aaron, 1750-1823, Map of America , 4th September 1804
Map of America / by A. Arrowsmith ; engraved by W. West, the hills by H. Wilson.
- London : A. Arrowsmith, No. 24 Rathbone Place, 4th September 1804.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : hand col., dissected and mounted on linen ; 118 x 143 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMaps/Atlases 1862 AmericaYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- View a digital version in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database (70 1804)
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:14,700,000].
- Relief shown by hachures and shading.
Stevens, H.N. Comparative cartography 1, p. 306
Goss, J. Mapping of North America, map 70, p. 152
Includes ornate title cartouche with American plants and animals, engraved by W. & G. Cooke.
- Subject Terms:
- America -- Maps.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.