The book of German songs : from the sixteenth to the nineteenth century / translated and edited by H.W. Dulcken.
- London : Ward and Lock, 158, Fleet Street, 1856.
- Physical Description:
- 324 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPT1160.E5 D85 1856Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- English translations of German poetry. The originals of most of the poems are given, following the translations.
Wood engravings by the Dalziel Brothers.
Printed by Petter and Galpin, Playhouse yard, adjoining the 'Times' office.
Engraved vignette (portraits of Schiller and Goethe) on title page. Illustrated half-title preceding each section not included in paging (except the first, which serves as frontispiece)
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt- and blind-stamped blue cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Ballads, German -- Translations into English.Folk songs, German -- Translations into English.German poetry -- Translations into English.Petter and Galpin -- Printer.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Ward and Lock -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1856.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.