IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Eliot, George, 1819-1880, Adam Bede , 
Adam Bede / by George Eliot.
- A new edition.
- [Edinburgh] : William Blackwood and Sons, Edinburgh and London, 
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 466 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4656 .A1 1867Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Added title page, with vignette: Novels of George Eliot. Vol. I. Adam Bede, with illustrations.
Spine title: George Eliot's novels - Adam Bede.
Wood engravings by James David Cooper; after William Small.
Date of publication from BM (compact edition).
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), 8:668
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in quarter brown leather and brown cloth, top edge gilt; with patterned endpapers.
- Subject Terms:
- Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.William Blackwood and Sons -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1867.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.