National nursery rhymes and nursery songs / set to original music by J.W. Elliott ; with illustrations engraved by the Brothers Dalziel.
- Additional Title(s):
National nursery rhymes
- London : Novello, Ewer and Co., Berners Street, W., and 35 Poultry, E. C. : [ca. 1870]
- Physical Description:
- , 110,  p. : ill., music ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsM1990 .E45 1870Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- For voice and piano.
Engravings by the Dalziel Brothers, after Francis Arthur Fraser, Francis S. Walker, William Small, Ernest Griset, Thomas Dalziel, Henry French, Johan Baptist Zwecker, W.J. Wiegand, Edward Gurdon Dalziel, James Mahoney, Charles Green, Arthur Boyd Houghton, Henry Stacy Marks, George John Pinwell, and Arthur Hughes.
Printed by Dalziel Brothers, Camden Press.
Date of publication from English Cat. of books.
English catalog of books v.2, p. 122
Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in black- and gold-stamped blue cloth publisher's binding. Inscribed in ms on first free end-paper: E. Graham Simpson. February 1877.
- Subject Terms:
- Children's poetry, English.Children's songs -- Great Britain.Dalziel Brothers -- Printers.Novello, Ewer, and Co. -- Publisher.Nursery rhymes.Picture books for children.Ross, David and Judith -- ProvenanceSimpson, E. Graham -- Autograph, February 1877
- Wood engravings -- [ca. 1870]
YCBA Collections Search
Elliott, J. W. (James William), 1833-1915, National nursery rhymes and nursery songs , [ca. 1870]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.