The second little pet book : with the tale of Puss and John / by Aunt Fanny.
- Additional Title(s):
Puss and John
- New York : W.H. Kelley & Brother, 627 Broadway, 1863.
- Physical Description:
- 192 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPS1074.B37 S43 1863Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Spine title and running title: Puss and John.
Aunt Fanny is the pseudonym of Frances Elizabeth Barrow.
One of the wood engraved illustrations is signed N. [i.e. Nathaniel] Orr, N.Y.
Printed by John A. Gray & Green, Printers, Stereotypers, and Binders, 16 and 18 Jacob Street, N.Y.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt- and blind-stamped red cloth. Inscribed: For "Little Ella" from her friend A. T. Currie. Sept. 20th/73.
- Subject Terms:
- "Little Ella" -- Pres. insc. from A. T. Currie, Sept. 20th/73.Animals -- Juvenile fiction.Aunts -- Juvenile fiction.Brothers and sisters -- Juvenile fiction.Children -- Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction.Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction.Currie, A. T. -- Pres. insc. to "Little Ella", Sept. 20th/73.Farm life -- Juvenile fiction.Pets -- Juvenile fiction.Readers.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.
- Wood engravings -- 1863.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.