Gatty, Alfred, Mrs., 1809-1873, Parables from nature , 1885-1886
- Parables from nature / by Margaret Gatty, author of "Aunt Judy's Tales," etc.
- London : George Bell and Sons, York Street, Covent Garden, 1885-1886.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. in 1 : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4712.G132 P37 1885Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- In two series. The first series, dated 1885, has subtitle: With a memoir by her daughter, Juliana Horatia Ewing. Illustrated by P.H. Calderon, W. Holman Hunt, E. Burne Jones, Otto Speckter, G.H. Thomas, John Tenniel, etc. First Series.
Second series has subtitle: Illustrated by M.E. Edwards, Lorenz Fröhlich, E. Burne Jones, G.H. Thomas, Harrison Weir, J. Wolf, etc. Second series.
Illustrations also by William Henry Millais and Edmund George Warren (series 1); William Patton Burton and Friedrich Wilhelm Keyl (series 2). Engravings by Horace Harral.
Printed by Chiswick Press, C. Whittingham and Co., Tooks Court, Chancery Lane.
Text printed in double columns.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in maroon cloth. The second series is bound before the first series. Some preliminary paging missing. Inscribed: Mary H. Shea.
- Subject Terms:
- Allegories.C. Whittingham and Co. -- Printer.Children's stories, English.Chiswick Press -- Printer.Gatty, Alfred, Mrs., 1809-1873.George Bell and Sons -- Publisher.Natural history -- Juvenile fiction.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Shea, Mary H. -- Autograph.
- Wood engravings -- 1885-1886.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.