Oxford University robes , c1902
- Oxford University robes : eight post cards reproduced by the latest 3-colour process direct from the official gowns.
- [Oxford] : Published by Davis's, Cornmarket St., Oxford, c1902.
- Physical Description:
-  pt. : chiefly ill. ; 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsLF528 .O94 1902Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engraved throughout.
BAC: Three sets of  post cards. Original printed envelopes each containing  post cards. Each envelope bears the black ink stamp of Falconer Madan of Brasenose College, Oxford. All three envelopes housed in a single folder.
- pt. 1. Oxford University degree robes in 1675, Bachelor of arts, Proctor (full dress), Chancellor, Doctor of Divinity (full dress), Master of Arts, Doctor of Civil Law or Medicine (full dress), Doctor of Music (undress with hood) -- pt. 2. Doctor of Divinity (convocation dress), Doctor of Science of Letters (full dress), Doctor of Civil Law or Medicine (convocation dress), Doctor of Divinity (undress), Bedel of Divinity, Law, or Medicine, Proctor (undress), Bedel of Arts, Bellman and Marshall -- pt. 3. Doctor of Science of Letters (convocation dress), Verger, Commoner, Scholar, Bachelor of Music, Pro-Proctor, Bachelor in Divinity, Bachelor in Medicine or Science.
- Subject Terms:
- Academic costume -- Great Britain.Davis's -- Publisher.University of Oxford -- Pictorial works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.