Bland, Edward, d. 1653, The discovery of New Brittaine , 1966
The discovery of New Brittaine / by Edward Bland.
- [s. ℓ.] : Readex Microprint, 1966.
- Physical Description:
- , 16 p.,  leaf of plates : ill., map ; 22 cm.
- Reference LibraryV 0843Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Original t. p. reads: The discovery of Nevv Brittaine, began August 27. Anno Dom. 1650, by Edward Bland, merchant; Abraham Woode, captaine; Sackford Brewster, Elias Pennant, gentlemen. From Fort Henry, at the head of Appamattuck River in Virginia, to the fals of Blandina, first river in New Brittaine which runneth west, being 120. mile south-west, between 35. and 37. degrees, (a pleasant country,) of temperate ayre, and fertile soyle. London, Printed by Thomas Harper for John Stephenson ... M. DC. LI.
Page 12 is incorrectly numbered 21.
- Subject Terms:
- Virginia -- Description and travel.