An interesting narrative of the travels of James Bruce, Esq. into Abyssinia, to discover the source of the Nile : abridged from the original work / by Samuel Shaw, Esq.
- Additional Title(s):
Shaw's abridgement of Bruce's travels
Travels to discover the source of the Nile. Abridgments
- Third edition, with copper plates.
- London : Printed for H.D. Symonds, no. 20, Pater-Noster-Row, 
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 372 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT377 .B78 1790Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Running title: Shaw's abridgement of Bruce's travels.
Title of original work: Travels to discover the source of the Nile in the years 1768, 1769, 1770, 1771, 1772 & 1773.
Advertised in the London chronicle for Nov. 30-Dec. 2, 1790. Cf. ESTC.
"[Price seven shillings and six pence]" at foot of t.p.
BM (compact ed.), IV, 198
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary tree calf. Inscribed: Tho. Rothwell.
- Subject Terms:
- Bruce, James, 1730-1794.Etching -- Specimens -- Ethiopia -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Ethiopia -- History -- Early works to 1800.Explorers -- Great Britain -- Biography.Natural history -- Ethiopia -- Early works to 1800.Nile River -- Discovery and exploration -- Early works to 1800.Rothwell, Tho. -- Autograph.
YCBA Collections Search
Bruce, James, 1730-1794, An interesting narrative of the travels of James Bruce, Esq. into Abyssinia, to discover the source of the Nile , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.