Streiflichter : six inscribed fragments concerning the French Revolution 1789-1805 / Ian Hamilton Finlay, Annet Stirling ; commentary by Siegfried Blasche.
- New York : Nolan/Eckman Gallery, 1994
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. ; 11 x 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.F45 S77 1994Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jock ReynoldsAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The fragments were composed by Ian Hamilton Finlay and carved by Annet Stirling, in Purbeck Portland stone. Professor Blasche's commentary was translated by Lesley Lendrum. The exhibition was designed by Ian Hamilton Finlay and Pia Maria Simig. They also designed the catalogue, of which 250 copies have been printed for the Nolan/Eckman Galley. The photographs were taken by Antonia Reeve."--Colophon.
Includes six mounted halftone reproductions of photographs of carved stones.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Exhibitions -- New York (State) -- New York.Finlay, Ian Hamilton -- Exhibitions.France -- History -- Revolution, 1789-1799 -- Art and the revolution.Nolan/Eckman Galler -- Exhibitions.Stone carving.Wild Hawthorn Press -- Publisher.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.