Finlay, Ian Hamilton, Homage to Poussin , 1977
- Homage to Poussin / Ian Hamilton Finlay, John Borg Manduca.
- Lanark, Scotland : Wild Hawthorn Press, 1977.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. ; 13 x 13 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.F45 H66 1977Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jock ReynoldsAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- A series of images of tanks, printed in green, in various states of camouflage. On a related work, Finlay notes: "Camouflage is Fields and Streams and Trees, In Ideal Form -- which none but Poussin sees. Or to put it another way: In the spirit of literary conceit, one might say that camouflage is the last or final form of classical landscape painting, since it ignores the particular in favour of the general."
Bound in white paper wrappers; printed in black; green cover illustration; beige illustrated fly leaves; handsewn.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and camouflage.Artists' books -- Great Britain.Dunsyre -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 1977.Poussin, Nicolas, 1594?-1665.Tanks (Military science) -- Pictorial works.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.