Finlay, Ian Hamilton, Arcadian gliders , 
- Arcadian gliders / Ian Hamilton Finlay and Steve Wheatley.
- London : White Lies Publications, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : ill. ; 21 cm. + 1 instruction booklet ( p. : ill. ; 15 cm.) + 9 rubber bands.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.F45 A73 1982Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jock ReynoldsAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Arcadian gliders consists of a boxed set of nine cardboard model airplanes in kit form. Each airplane has been embellished with an authentic military decal and the name of an appropriate garden feature has been printed on the rear wing. When the airplanes have been constructed, they may either be displayed together as a squadron or, if you have access to a garden, they should be carefully placed in the relevant spot to act as markers or name tags and a pleasing focus of interest for when the flowers are out of season."--Page  of instruction booklet.
Title, author statement, and publication information taken from caption in instruction booklet.
Date of publication from: Bury, S. Artists' books : the book as a work of art, 1963-1995.
Bury, S. Artists' books, p. 128
BAC: British Art Center copy in green box. Label with title on cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Airplanes -- Models.Artists' books -- Great Britain.Cut-out craft -- Great Britain.Gardens -- Great Britain.Paper work -- Great Britain.White Lies Publications -- Publisher
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.