Finlay, Ian Hamilton, Little Sparta , c1998
- Little Sparta : der Garten = the garden.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Little Sparta : the garden
Ian Hamilton Finlay, modern antiquities
- [Dunsyre, Lanark, Scotland] : Wild Hawthorn Press for the Landesmuseum, c1998.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( p.) : chiefly ill. ; 16 cm. x 390 cm. folded to 16 cm. x 13 cm. in boards 17 cm. x 14 cm. + suppl. (39 p. : plan ; 15 cm.).
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.F45 L58 1998Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Ian Hamilton Finlay and Pia Maria SimigAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
"The photographs of Little Sparta, garden of the poet Ian Hamilton Finlay, were taken by Werner J. Hannappel. The publication was conceived by Pia Maria Simig and Ian Hamilton Finlay, for the exhibition 'Modern Antiquities,' at the Landesmuseum Mainz, March 15-May 10, 1998"--Colophon.
Includes supplement (39 p.), "Begleittext zur Ausstellung."
Edition limited to 600 copies.
Title on supplement: Ian Hamilton Finlay, modern antiquities.
A continuous leaf of plates printed on one side, folded accordion style ; map on lining paper.
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect; lacks supplement.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Gardens -- Scotland -- Dunsyre.Landscape architecture -- Scotland.Little Sparta (Dunsyre, Scotland) -- Pictorial works.Sculptors -- Scotland.Sculpture gardens -- Scotland.Wild Hawthorn Press -- Publisher
- Artists' books -- Great Britain
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.