The whist-player : the laws and practice of short-whist explained and illustrated / by Lieut.-Colonel B****.
- London : Addey and Co., Henrietta Street, Covent Garden, MDCCCLVI 
- Physical Description:
- 72 p. : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1277 .B59 1856Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- NSTC and the British Library attribute book to Henry Charles Bunbury.
Halfkett & Laing identifies author as Lieut.-Col. ______ Blyth.
Numerous engraved illustrations of card hands in red and black throughout. Included in pagination and register.
Printed by Robson, Levey and Franklyn, Great New Square and Fetter Lane.
BM (compact ed.), v. 4, 779
Halkett & Laing (2nd ed.), v. 6, p. 227
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt- and blind-stamped blue cloth. Inscribed: Lieut. Colonel George Thornton.
- Subject Terms:
- Addey and Co. -- Publisher.Card games -- Rules.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Robson, Levey and Franklyn -- Printer.Short whist.Whist.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1856.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.