The whist-player : the laws and practice of short-whist explained and illustrated / by Lieut.-Colonel B****.
- London : Addey and Co., Henrietta Street, Covent Garden, MDCCCLVI 
- Physical Description:
- 72 p. : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1277 .B59 1856Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- NSTC and the British Library attribute book to Henry Charles Bunbury.
Halfkett & Laing identifies author as Lieut.-Col. ______ Blyth.
Numerous engraved illustrations of card hands in red and black throughout. Included in pagination and register.
Printed by Robson, Levey and Franklyn, Great New Square and Fetter Lane.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 4, 779
Halkett, S. Dictionary of anonymous and pseudonymous English literature (1926-62 edition), v. 6, p. 227
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt- and blind-stamped blue cloth. Inscribed: Lieut. Colonel George Thornton.
- Subject Terms:
- Addey and Co. -- Publisher.Card games -- Rules.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Robson, Levey and Franklyn -- Printer.Short whist.Whist.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1856.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.