IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Rolando, Guzman, The modern art of fencing , 1822
The modern art of fencing : agreeably to the practice of the most eminent masters in Europe / by le sieur Guzman Rolando, of the Academie des Armes ; carefully revised and augmented with a technical glossary, etc. by J. S. Forsyth ; embellished with numerous plates.
- Additional Title(s):
Art of fencing
- London : Printed for Samuel Leigh, 18, Strand, 1822.
- Physical Description:
- xxxi, , 240 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1146 .R65 1822Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Engravings by Sidney Hall; after William Derby.
Glossary in French and English.
Printed by S. and R. Bentley, Dorset Street.
BAC: Bound in gilt-stamped red morocco style binding.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1822.Fencing.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Leigh, Samuel -- Publisher.S. and R. Bentley -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.