The modern art of fencing : agreeably to the practice of the most eminent masters in Europe / by le sieur Guzman Rolando, of the Academie des Armes ; carefully revised and augmented with a technical glossary, etc. by J. S. Forsyth ; embellished with numerous plates.
- Additional Title(s):
Art of fencing
- London : Printed for Samuel Leigh, 18, Strand, 1822.
- Physical Description:
- xxxi, , 240 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1146 .R65 1822Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by Sidney Hall; after William Derby.
Glossary in French and English.
Printed by S. and R. Bentley, Dorset Street.
BAC: Bound in gilt-stamped red morocco style binding.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1822.Fencing.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Leigh, Samuel -- Publisher.S. and R. Bentley -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.