Thomas De La Rue & Company, De La Rue & Co.'s combined pocket chess and draught board, [187-?]
- De La Rue & Co.'s combined pocket chess and draught board [game] : with chess and draughts-men.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Combined pocket chess and draught board
- London : De La Rue & Co., [187-?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 game (1 folded board, 30 movable paper chess pieces) : ill. ; 15 x 19 cm, folded to 15 x 10 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1447 .C66 1870Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Title and imprint from cover.
Decorated boards attibuted to Owen Jones.
Portable chess game printed on boards. 30 movable chess pieces made of paper are inserted in slots. May also be used to play checkers, as the reverse of each of the moveable pieces bears the image of a red or black checkers token.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original illustrated boards, with original slip case.
- Subject Terms:
- Checkers.Chess.De La Rue & Co. -- PublisherGreat Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
Board games (game sets)
Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.