The book of shadows.
- London : W. Swan Sonnenschein & Co., Paternoster Row, 
- Physical Description:
- [iii], 32,  p. : chiefly ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1475 .B66 1882+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Date of publication from English catalogue of books.
Printed by Butler and Tanner, The Selwood Printing Works, Frome, and London.
Publisher's advertisements on preliminary pages, endpapers and back cover.
Illustrations by Charles H. Bennett.
A cheap reprint of excerpts from Bennett's 1850's "Shadows" or "Funny Shadows".
English catalogue of books, v. 4, p. 60
BAC: Illustrated printed boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Butler and Tanner -- Printer.Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Engraving -- Specimens -- .Shadow-pictures.Silhouettes.W. Swan Sonnenschein & Co. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.