Modern horsemanship : a new method of teaching riding and training by means of pictures from the life / by Edward L. Anderson, author of 'A System of School Training for Horses,' 'The Gallop,' etc.
- New and revised edition, containing some original observations upon the mode of changing lead in the gallop.
- Edinburgh : David Douglas, MDCCCLXXXVI 
- Physical Description:
- xiii, , 168, 20 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF309 .A53 1886Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The instantaneous photographs in the volume were made by Mr. Alexander Nicol, Edinburgh, and printed from his negatives by the Autotype Company, London."--P. .
Printed by T. and A. Constable at the Edinburgh University Press.
Engraved vignette on t.-p.
Publisher's advertisements, 20 p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original printed brown paper covered boards. Inscribed: W.E. Cairnes Jan./87.
- Subject Terms:
- Autotype Company -- Printer.Cairnes, W. E. -- Autograph.Douglas, David -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1886.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Horse sports -- Great Britain.Horsemanship -- Great Britain.Horsemanship -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Horsemanship -- Study and teaching.Horses -- Training.T. and A. Constable -- Printer.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1886.
YCBA Collections Search
Anderson, Edward L. (Edward Lowell), 1842-1916, Modern horsemanship , MDCCCLXXXVI 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.