A map of the British colonies in North America : with the roads, distances, limits, and extent of the settlements, humbly inscribed to the Right Honourable the Earl of Halifax, and the other Right Honourable the Lords Commissioners for Trade & Plantations / by their Lordships most obliged and very humble servant, Jno. Mitchell ; Tho.: Kitchin, sculp.
- London : Printed for Jefferys and Faden, geographers to the King, [1775?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map on 8 sheets : hand col., mounted on linen ; 135 x 192 cm., sheets 70 x 51 or smaller.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2009 4cYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- View a digital version in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database (71 1755A)
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:2,000,000].
- BEIN 71 1755A: Sheets not mounted. Stamp on backing: Yale University Library, Karpinski-Von Wieser Map Collection.
BEIN Covers 71 +1755M: Dissected and mounted on linen. Accompanied by manuscript letter dated July 11, 1823, to Anthony Barclay concerning provenance of map.
Relief shown pictorially.
In bottom margin: Publish'd by the author Febry 13th 1755 according to act of Parliament.
Library of Congress. Maps and charts of North America and the West Indies, 1750-1789 43
Includes text and inset "A new map of Hudson's Bay and Labrador from the late surveys of those coasts."
- Subject Terms:
- British -- America -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Karpinski, Louis Charles, 1878-1956 -- Ownership.Karpinski-von Wieser Map Collection -- Stamp.North America -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Wieser, Franz, Ritter von, 1848-1923 -- Ownership.
YCBA Collections Search
Mitchell, John, 1711-1768, A map of the British colonies in North America , [1775?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.