Campbell, Robert Calder, 1798-1857, Rough recollections of rambles abroad and at home , 1847
- Rough recollections of rambles abroad and at home / by Calder Campbell ; author of "The Palmer's Last Lesson " etc. ; in three volumes.
- London : Thomas Cautley Newby, publisher, 72, Mortimer St., Cavendish Sq., 1847.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4409.C33 R68 1847Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by T.C. Newby, Printer, 72, Mortimer. St., Cavendish Square.
BAC: British Art Center copy has author's ms annotations & corrections in ink throughout text. Ownership inscription of author in v. 1. Extra-illustrated with 23 pen and ink drawings by George Halse. ALS from Portsmouth bookseller W.H. Long to Commander White R.N., Feb 4/19 laid in. Letter placed in object file.
- Subject Terms:
- Campbell, Robert Calder, 1798-1857 -- Provenance, 1847.Campbell, Robert Calder, 1798-1857 -- Travel.Newby, T. C. -- Printer.Newby, Thomas Cautley -- Publisher.Travelers' writings, English -- 19th century.
- Travel literature -- 19th century.
Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.