An historical record of the Light Horse Volunteers of London and Westminster : with the muster rolls from the first formation of the regiment, MDCCLXXIX, to the relodgement of the standards in the tower, MDCCCXXIX.
- London : Printed by William Nicol, Shakspeare Press. Published by Wright, 60, Pall Mall, 1843.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 279, , , xviii,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., plans ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsU657.5.L53 H57 1843Yale Center for British Art, Paul MelloView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "We have compiled the following pages, at the suggestion of several old members of the Light Horse Volunteers, from the minutes of the committee, and other authentic documents, deposited at the South Sea House by Colonel Bosanquet, to whose care they were confided upon the disembodying of the corps in 1829."--P. [i].
Preface signed James N. Collyer and John Innes Pocock.
Lithographs by W.L. Walton, after W.C. Wilson, James N. Collyer, and R.L. Sibley. Lithographs printed by C. Hullmandel.
Muster rolls from the first formation of the regiments, 1779 and the relodgement of the standards in the tower, 1829,  p.
Appendix: xviii p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind-stamped brown publisher's cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain. Army. Herefordshire Light Infantry -- History.Military uniforms -- Great Britain.Nicol, William -- Printer.Shakspeare Press -- Printer.Wright -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- 1843.
Lithotints -- 1843.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1843 .
Lithographs -- 1843.
YCBA Collections Search
An historical record of the Light Horse Volunteers of London and Westminster , 1843
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.