IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Cuninghame, James, of the Scotch Brigade in the Dutch Service, The tactic of the British army reduced to detail , 1804
The tactic of the British army reduced to detail : with reflections on the science and principles of war : uniting in one view the evolutions of the battalion, brigade, and line : and pointing out their combinations with each other and uses on actual service : illustrated with fifty-nine copper plates / by James Cuninghame, Major of Infantry in the service of the East India Company.
- Second edition.
- London : Printed for T. Egerton at the Military Library, near Whitehall, by C. Roworth, Sell Yard, Fleet Street, 1804.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 73,  p., 97 leaves of plates : ill., plans ; 23 x 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsUA43.G7 C86 1804+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Some of the plates signed: Neele sculp Strand.
Text printed in double columns.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original gray paper-covered boards. Ms inscription on recto of first free end-paper: Major O'Hara [illegible] Militia.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1804.Etching -- Specimens -- 1804.Great Britain. Army. -- Maneuvers.Great Britain. Army. Infantry -- Drill and tactics.Military art and science -- Great Britain.Military history, Modern -- 19th century.Military maneuvers -- Great Britain.O'Hara, Major -- Autograph.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.