School of painting for the imitation of woods and marbles / as taught and practised by A.R. Van der Burg and P. Van der Burg, directors of the Rotterdam Painting Institution.
- Second edition, with numerous engravings and chromolithographs.
- London : Crosby Lockwood and Co., 7, Stationers' Hall Court, Ludgate Hill, 1887.
- Physical Description:
- 48 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 47 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 25Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- The example imitations of woods and marbles are printed with chromolithographs.
Lithography by Amand, Amsterdam.
"Second Prize London 1870. Fortschritts Medaille Vienne 1873. First prize Philadelphia 1876."--Title page.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 4, p. 648
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original illustrated boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Crosby Lockwood and Co. -- Publisher.Decoration and ornament -- Study and teaching.Graining -- Study and teaching.Marbling -- Study and teaching.Painting -- Study and teaching.
- Chromolithographs -- 1887.
Lithographs -- 1887.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Burg, A. R. van der, School of painting for the imitation of woods and marbles , 1887
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.