Meredith, George, 1828-1909, The shaving of Shagpat , 1898
- The shaving of Shagpat : an Arabian entertainment / by George Meredith.
- Revised edition.
- New York : Charles Scribner's Sons, 1898.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 249,  p.,  leaf of plates : ill ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5006 .S53 1898Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engraved frontispiece by John Saddler; after Frederick Sandys. Plate printed by the Swan Electric Engraving Company (London).
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blind- and gilt-stamped green cloth. Inscribed: Dear Mother, Xmas 1898.
- Subject Terms:
- Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1898.Swan Electric Engraving Company (London) -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.