At the back of the north wind / by George MacDonald, author of "Dealings with the fairies," "Ranald Bannerman," "The annals of a quiet neighbourhood," "The sea board parish," etc., etc. ; with seventy-six illustrations by Arthur Hughes.
- New York : George Routledge & Sons, 416 Broome Street, [1872?]
- Physical Description:
- viii, 378 p. : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4967 .A8 1872Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings by the Dalziel Brothers; after Arthur Hughes.
First American printing. Preceeded by a small number of copies of London sheets issued with New York imprint for copyright protection.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's black- and gilt-stamped blue cloth, with gilt edges. Inscribed: S.H. Winkley, 11 Louisburg Sq.-1875.
- Subject Terms:
- Boys -- Juvenile fiction.Children and death -- Juvenile fiction.Children's stories.Country life -- Juvenile fiction.George Routledge and Sons -- Publisher.Horses -- Juvenile fiction.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Sick children -- Juvenile fiction.Temperance -- Juvenile fiction.Winds -- Juvenile fiction.Winkley, S. H. -- Autograph, 1875.
- Wood engravings -- 1872.
YCBA Collections Search
MacDonald, George, 1824-1905, At the back of the north wind , [1872?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.