Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882, Poems , MDCCCLII 
- Poems / by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow ; illustrated with upwards of one hundred engravings on wood, from designs by Jane E. Benham, Birket Foster, etc.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Poems. Selections
- London : David Bogue, 86, Fleet Street, MDCCCLII 
- Physical Description:
- , x, , 332 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPS2250 .E52Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With a preliminary half-title leaf.
Frontispiece portrait of Longfellow engraved on steel by William Henry Mote.
Wood engravings by Henry Vitzetelly, after Myles Birket Foster, John Gilbert, Jane Benham Hay, and Edward Henry Wehnert.
Printed by Henry Vizetelly, Gouge Square, Fleet Street, London.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half leather and marbled boards, with gilt edges; floral printed silk end-papers.
- Evangeline -- Voices of the night -- The seaside and the fireside -- Poems on slavery -- Ballads, songs, and sonnets -- Earlier poems -- Miscellaneous poems -- Notes.
- Subject Terms:
- David Bogue -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1852.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1852.Vizetelly, David -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.