IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Wood, J. G. (John George), 1827-1889, The calendar of the months, or, The young naturalist abroad , 1873
The calendar of the months, or, The young naturalist abroad / by the Rev. J.G. Wood, M.A. ; with numerous illustrations.
- Additional Title(s):
Calendar of the months
Young naturalist abroad
Calendar of the year
- London : George Routledge and Sons, The Broadway, Ludgate. New York: 416, Broome Street, 1873.
- Physical Description:
- , x, 182 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQH45.5 .W56 1873Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Added engraved title page: Calendar of the year. Signed: ES.
Printed by Bradbury, Agnew, & Co., Whitefriars.
Wood engraved illustrations within text throughout by Dalziel.
With a preliminary half-title leaf.
Freeman, R.B. British natural history books, 1495-1900, 4106
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blind-, gilt-, and black-stamped green cloth, with gilt edges. Embossed stamp on first free end-paper: W.H. Smith & Co. London.
- Subject Terms:
- Bradbury, Agnew, & Co. -- Printer.George Routledge and Sons -- Publisher.Natural history -- Great Britain.Nature study -- Great Britain.W. H. Smith & Co. -- Stamp.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1873.
Wood engravings -- 1873.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.