Souvenir of the North.
- [Edinburgh Scotland : J. Menzies, 1855?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( p.) : chiefly ill. ; 14 x 400 cm., folded to 14 x 10 cm., attached to boards 15 x 11 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA865 .S68 1855Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title.
Engravings by J. Gellatly, J. Stephenson, W. Forrest, and Macglashon & Wilding; after G.M. Kemp, J. Robertson, J. Ferguson, A. Cooper, W. Thomson, A.S. Masson, R. Willis, and M. Stanley.
Imprint information from plates.
Date of publication from NSTC.
Engraved throughout. Engravings on glazed boards pasted to red watered silk backing and accordion folded to form  p.
Published for the increasing tourist market following Queen Victoria to Scotland. Also published in loose leaf form with the numerous sections sold in decorative packets within the same tartan silk folder.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original tartan silk on front and back cover. Title in gilt on front cover. Gilt floral decorative border on front and back cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Macglashon & Wilding -- PrinterMenzies, J. -- Publisher.Ross & Thompson -- PrinterScotland -- Description and travel.Scotland -- Pictorial works.Souvenirs (Keepsakes)Steel engraving -- Specimens -- [1857?]
- Edinburgh and its vicinity
- Picturesque scenery of Scotland
- Lakes of Scotland.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.