Vincent, Edgar, Nelson , 
Nelson : love & fame / Edgar Vincent.
- Additional Title(s):
Nelson love and fame
- New Haven [Connecticut] ; London : Yale University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xiii pages, 1 unnumbered page, 640 pages, 32 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (some color), maps, portraits ; 25 cm
- Reference LibraryDA87.1.N4 V55 2003 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -625) and index.
Illustrated lining papers.
- Subject Terms:
- Admirals -- Great Britain -- Biography.Great Britain -- History, Naval -- 18th century.Great Britain -- History, Naval -- 19th century.Great Britain. Royal Navy -- Biography.Hamilton, Emma, Lady, 1765-1815.Nelson, Frances, Lady, 1761-1831.Nelson, Horatio Nelson, Viscount, 1758-1805.
- Foundations for life
- Captain Suckling's legacy
- Five frustrating years
- Trying to get noticed
- Black marks and on the beach
- Melpomene, Minerve, La Fortune
- Totally neglected
- My disposition can't bear tame and slow measures
- It is active young men that are wanted, not drones
- Into the limelight
- The Admiralty dips for Nelson
- The hero ascends
- The Nile
- Hero meets heroine
- Disappointments dilemmas and disharmony
- Neapolitan affairs
- Public fame & private pain
- Bitter-sweet emotions
- Phoney war
- Fame without fortune
- French diversions
- Dame Fortune's last favour.