IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Llull, Ramon, 1232?-1316, The order of chivalry, 10 November 1892
The order of chivalry.
- Additional Title(s):
Libre del orde del cavalleria. English. 1892.
- Hammersmith : Printed by me William Morris at the Kelmscott Press ; London : Sold by Reeves & Turner, 10 November 1892.
- Physical Description:
- , 150,  p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCR4531 .L815 1893Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- In 2 parts, each with t.p. and colophon.
Colophon, part 1, reads: "...translated from the French by William Caxton, edited by F. S. Ellis...."
Colophon, part 2, reads: "...printed by William Morris at the Kelmscott Press...the 24th day of February, 1893."
Part 2 ascribed by some authorities to Hue de Tabarie. Cf. Brunet.
Frontispiece and 2nd t.p. within woodcut borders; ornamental initials; headings printed in red.
Frontispiece attibuted to Edward Burne-Jones. Engraved by W.H. Hooper. Cf. Peterson.
Brunet, J.-C. Manuel du libraire et de l'amateur de livres (5e éd.), IV, p. 206
Peterson, W.S. Bibliography of the Kelmscott Press A13
Walsdorf, J. J. Morris, 13
BAC: British Art Center copy is one of 10 copies printed on vellum. Unopened. Bound in limp vellum with silk ties.
- Subject Terms:
- Chivalry.Kelmscott Press -- Publisher.Morris, William, 1834-1896, printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1893.
- The order of chivalry
- L'ordene de chevalerie / with translation by William Morris.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.