Wordsworth, William, 1770-1850, Our English lakes, mountains, and waterfalls , 1864
- Our English lakes, mountains, and waterfalls / as seen by William Wordsworth ; photographically illustrated.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Poems. Selections
- London : A.W. Bennett, 5, Bishopsgate Without, 1864.
- Physical Description:
- xi, , 191,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5869 .O35 1864Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "In the following selection from Wordsworth's poetical writings, the compiler has availed himself of such portions, whether smaller pieces or extracts from his longer poems, as refer expressly to the scenery of his beloved native country of Cumberland and Westmoreland"--P. [v].
Thirteen of the plates are mounted photographs (albumen prints), with letterpress captions, by T. Ogle and printed by Sedgfield and Eliot, Norbiton.
Printed by George Unwin, Gresham Stream Press, Bucklersbury, London.
Gernsheim, H. Incunabula of British photographic literature, 219
Johnson, W. Nineteenth-century photography, O24
Facsimile of Wordsworth's handwriting: p. .
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's green gilt-stamped cloth, with bevelled boards and gilt edges. Spine signed: JL (John Leighton) Binder's ticket on recto of lower board: Westleys & Co. Text block edges gilded.
- Subject Terms:
- Bennett, A. W. -- Publisher.Lake District (England) -- Pictorial works.Lake District (England) -- Poetry.Leighton, John, 1822-1912, binding designer.Photography -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Sedgfield and Eliot -- Printer.Unwin, George -- Printer.Westleys & Co. -- Binder.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.