Our English lakes, mountains, and waterfalls / as seen by William Wordsworth ; photographically illustrated.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : A.W. Bennett, 5, Bishopsgate Without, 1864.
- Physical Description:
- xi, , 191,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5869 .O35 1864Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "In the following selection from Wordsworth's poetical writings, the compiler has availed himself of such portions, whether smaller pieces or extracts from his longer poems, as refer expressly to the scenery of his beloved native country of Cumberland and Westmoreland"--P. [v].
Thirteen of the plates are mounted photographs (albumen prints), with letterpress captions, by T. Ogle and printed by Sedgfield and Eliot, Norbiton.
Printed by George Unwin, Gresham Stream Press, Bucklersbury, London.
Gernsheim, H. Incunabula of British photographic literature, 219
Johnson, W. Nineteenth-century photography, O24
Facsimile of Wordsworth's handwriting: p. .
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's green gilt-stamped cloth, with bevelled boards and gilt edges. Spine signed: JL (John Leighton) Binder's ticket on recto of lower board: Westleys & Co. Text block edges gilded.
- Subject Terms:
- Bennett, A. W. -- Publisher.Lake District (England) -- Pictorial works.Lake District (England) -- Poetry.Leighton, John, 1822-1912, binding designer.Photography -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Sedgfield and Eliot -- Printer.Unwin, George -- Printer.Westleys & Co. -- Binder.
YCBA Collections Search
Wordsworth, William, 1770-1850, Our English lakes, mountains, and waterfalls , 1864
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.