The book of the illustrious.
- London : George Henderson, 2, Old Bailey, MDCCCXLV 
- Physical Description:
- iv, , 52 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (ports.) ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7598 .B66 1845+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Each plate has an accompanying leaf with decorative border and reproduction of coats of arms printed on blue paper.
Portraits and memoirs of Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington, Charles Earl Grey, Sir Rorbert Peel, William Wilberforce, John George Lambton, Earl of Durham, Daniel O'Connell, John Charles Spencer, Earl Spencer, Baron James Abercromby Dunfermline, John Russell, Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, Marquis of Lansdowne, Thomas William Coke, Earl of Leicester, John Singleton Copley, Baron Lyndhurst, and Henry Brougham, Baron Brougham and Vaux.
Illustrations by W. H. Mote, Charles Edward Wagstaff, Henry R. Cook, William Henry Egleton, William Holl, Francis Holl, Henry Byran Hall, John Henry Robinson, Joseph Brown; after Richard Robert Scanlan, James Stewart, Andrew Morton, and Felix Roffe.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in green textured cloth gilt and blind-stamped publisher's binding. Signed in ms. on front paste-down end paper: Caroline Stone. Signed in ms. on front fly leaf: Gerald Coff.
- Subject Terms:
- Brougham and Vaux, Henry Brougham, Baron, 1778-1868Coff, Gerald -- Autograph.Coke, Thomas William, Earl of Leicester, 1752-1842.Dunfermline, James Abercromby, Baron, 1776-1858Durham, John George Lambton, Earl of, 1792-1840Engravings, British.Grey, Charles Grey, Earl, 1764-1845.Henderson, G. -- Publisher.Lansdowne, Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, Marquess of, 1780-1863Lyndhurst, John Singleton Copley, Baron, 1772-1863O'Connell, Daniel, 1775-1847.Peel, Robert, 1788-1850.Politicians -- Great Britain -- Biography.Portraits, British.Russell, J. (John), 1793-1863Spencer, John Charles Spencer, Earl, 1782-1845Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1845.Stone, Caroline -- Autograph.Wellington, Arthur Wellesley, Duke of, 1769-1852.Wilberforce, William, 1759-1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.