Belsey, Hugh, Gainsborough pop , 2002
- Gainsborough pop : Gainsborough's pictures through the popular imagination 1760-2000 from ceramics and cigarette cards to fiction, film and cartoons / Hugh Belsey, Christopher Wright.
- London : Gainsborough's House Society in association with Paul Holberton publishing ; 2002.
[Seattle] : Distributed in USA and Canada by University of Washington Press, 2002.
- Physical Description:
- 40 p. : ill. (chiefly col.), facsims. ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryV 1158Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Published to accompany an exhibition at Gainsborough's House, Sudbury, Nov. 2, 2002-Feb. 16, 2003.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 40).
- Subject Terms:
- Gainsborough, Thomas, 1727-1788 -- Exhibitions.Gainsborough, Thomas, 1727-1788 -- Parodies, imitations, etc. -- Exhibitions.Parody in art -- Exhibitions.Popular culture -- Exhibitions.