Scott, Walter, 1771-1832, Poetical works of Sir Walter Scott , [1868?]
Poetical works of Sir Walter Scott / including introduction and notes ; with original illustrations ; engraved by the Dalziel Brothers.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Frederick Warne And Co., Bedford Street, Strand ; [1868?]
New York : Scribner, Welford and Armstrong, [1868?]
- Physical Description:
- viii, 654,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5303 1868Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by Savill, Edwards and Co., Printers, Chandos Street, Covent Garden.
Preface dated December, 1867.
Title page printed in red and black within red border. Text in double columns printed within red border.
Publisher's advertisements,  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's black- and gilt-stamped cloth, with gilt edges. Inscribed: Eliza Morris. Sept. 1877. Kate Dendy "The Chesnuts" March 27th, 1899. Frederick Daniel Dendy, Nov 1931.
- Subject Terms:
- Dendy, Frederick Daniel -- Autograph, Mov. 1931.Dendy, Kate -- Autograph, March 27th, 1899.Frederick Warne -- Publisher.Morris, Eliza -- Autograph, Sept. 1877.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Savill, Edwards, and Co. -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1868.
Steel engravings -- 1868.
- The lay of the last minstrel
- The lady of the lake
- The vision of Don Roderick
- The bridal of Triermain; or, The vale of St. John
- The Lord of the Isles
- The field of Waterloo
- Harold the dauntless
- Contributions to minstrelsy of the Scottish border
- Ballads, translated, or imitated, from the German
- Miscellaneous poems
- Halidon Hill: a dramatic sketch from Scottish history.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.