Lalla Rookh : an oriental romance / by Thomas Moore ; with illustrations, engraved by Edmund Evans, from original drawings by G.H. Thomas, F.R. Pickersgill, R. A., Birket Foster, E.H. Corbould, etc., etc.
- London : Routledge, Warne, & Routledge, Farringdon St. New York: 56, Walker Street, 1860.
- Physical Description:
- ix, , 302,  p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5054 .L4 1860Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Wood engravings by Edmund Evans; after Frederick Richard Pickersgill, William Harvey, Hablot Knight. Browne, George Housman Thomas, Thomas Macquoid, R.P. Leitch, Joseph Kenny Meadows, Birket Foster, Edward Henry Corbould, Samuel Palmer, Harrison Weir, and George Dodgson.
Printed by Edmund Evans, Raquet Court.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt-stamped red cloth, with gilt edges. Binding design attributed to Albert Warren. Binder's ticket: Bound by Leighton, Son, and Hodge. Inscribed: "For Eliza Mary" with Ed & Margaret Southwaite's best love & wishes" Jany. 1st, 1861.
- Subject Terms:
- Eliza Mary -- Pres. insc. from Ed. & Margaret Southwaite, Jan. 1, 1861.Evans, Edmund, 1826-1905 -- Printer.Leighton, Son and Hodge -- Bookbinder.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Routledge, Warne, and Routledge -- Publisher.Southwaite, Ed. & Margaret -- Pres. insc. to Eliza Mary, Jan. 1, 1861.Warren, Albert -- Bookbinding designer.
- Wood engravings -- 1860.
Steel engravings -- 1860.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.