Poe, Edgar Allan, 1809-1849, The poetical works of Edgar Allan Poe , [ca. 1880]
- The poetical works of Edgar Allan Poe : together with his essays on The poetic principle and The philosophy of composition, and a critical memoir : with illustrations by John Tenniel, Birket Foster, Percival Skelton, and others.
- Alternate Title(s):
- [London]; Ward, Lock, and Co., London: Warwick House, Salisbury Square, E.C. New York: Bond Street, [ca. 1880]
[New York] : Ward, Lock, and Co., London: Warwick House, Salisbury Square, E.C. New York: Bond Street, [ca. 1880]
- Physical Description:
- cxi, , 254 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPS2605 .A1 1880Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Acknowledgement is also due to Mr. Eugene Didier's memoir, published in New York in 1879 ..."--P. xv.
Illustrations by John Tenniel, Felix Darley, F. R. Pickersgill, Birket Foster, Jasper Cropsey, Percival Skelton, and A.M. Madot.
"Life of Edgar Allan Poe," by F.M.H.: p. [xvii]-cxi.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's (?) gilt-stamped red leather.
- Subject Terms:
- Poe, Edgar Allan, 1809-1849.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Ward, Lock, and Co. -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1880.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.