Surtees, Robert Smith, 1805-1864, "Ask mamma," or, The richest commoner in England , 
- "Ask mamma," or, The richest commoner in England / by the author of "Handley Cross," "Sponge's sporting tour," etc., etc. ; with illustrations by John Leech.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Ask mamma
Richest commoner in England
- London : Bradbury, Agnew & Co., 8, 9, 10, Bouverie St., 
- Physical Description:
- , x, , 412 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5499.S4 A85 1888Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Originally published in 1858. Reprinted by Bradbury, Agnew & Co. in 1888. Cf. Tooley.
Tooley, R.V. Coloured plates (1979 ed.) p. 376
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 195
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt- and black-stamped red cloth. Inscribed: Henry W. Canning.
- Subject Terms:
- Bradbury, Agnew & Co. -- Publisher.Canning, Henry W. -- Autograph.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.
- Wood engravings -- 1888.
Steel engravings -- 1888.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.