Makdisi, Saree, William Blake and the impossible history of the 1790s , 2003
William Blake and the impossible history of the 1790s / Saree Makdisi.
- Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 394 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR4148.P6 M35 2003 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Antinomianism in literature.Blake, William, 1757-1827 -- Political and social views.Blake, William, 1757-1827 -- Religion.Economics in literature.Imperialism in literature.Liberty in literature.Political poetry, English -- History and criticism.Politics and literature -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century.Slavery in literature.
- Fierce rushing : William Blake and the cultural politics of liberty in the 1790s
- Laboring at the mill with slaves
- Weary of time : image and commodity in blake
- Blake and romantic imperialism
- Impossible history and the politics of life.