Mr. Sponge's sporting tour / by the author of "Handley Cross," "Ask Mamma," "Plain or ringlets?" "Mr. Romford's hounds" ; with illustrations by John Leech.
- London : Bradbury, Agnew, & Co., 8, 9, 10, Bouverie St., [1888?]
- Physical Description:
- x, , 408 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5499.S4 M77 1888aYale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Originally published in 1853. Reprinted by Bradbury, Agnew & Co. in 1888. Cf. Tooley.
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, p. 380-381
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's black- and gilt-stamped red cloth. Inscribed: Henry W. Canning.
- Subject Terms:
- Bradbury, Agnew & Co. -- Publisher.Canning, Henry W. -- Autograph.Fox hunting -- Great Britain -- Wit and humor.Horsemanship -- Pictorial works.Horsemanship -- Wit and humor.Hunting -- Great Britain -- Wit and humor.Hunting in literature.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Sports -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Steel engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1888.
YCBA Collections Search
Surtees, Robert Smith, 1805-1864, Mr. Sponge's sporting tour , [1888?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.