Poems / by Alfred Tennyson, D.C.L., Poet Laureate.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Edward Moxon, Dover Street, 1857.
- Physical Description:
- , xiii, , 375,  p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5550 .E57 1857Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Printed by Bradbury and Evans, Whitefriars.
With a stipple engraved medallion frontispiece portrait of the author by John Henry Robinson.
Wood engravings by the Dalziel Brothers, W. T. Green, W. J. Linton, Charles Thurston Thompson, John Thompson, and Thomas Williams; after Thomas Woolner, Thomas Creswick, John Callcott Horsley, William Holman Hunt, Daniel Maclise, John Everett Millais, William Mulready, Dante Gabriel Rossetti, and Clarkson Stanfield.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-stamped green morocco, with gilt edges. Binder's stamp: Leighton, Brewer St. Inscribed: Competition binding by J. & J. Leighton. Exhibited at the London International Exhibition, 1862. Also inscribed: This work was shown in the Exhibition of 1862 by J. & J. Leighton as a specimen of their binding and was purchased in the building. See: Cassell's illustrated exhibitor. London, 1867, p. 159. Bookplates: William Thirwall Bayne; John Sparrow.
- Subject Terms:
- Bayne, William Thirlwall -- Bookplate.Bradbury and Evans -- Printer.Edward Moxon -- Publisher.J. & J. Leighton -- Bookbinding.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.Sparrow, John Hanbury Angus, 1906- -- Bookplate.
- Wood engravings -- 1857.
Stipple engravings -- 1857.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.