Thackeray, William Makepeace, 1811-1863, The memoirs of Barry Lyndon, Esq., written by himself , 1898
- The memoirs of Barry Lyndon, Esq., written by himself : The Fitz-Boodle papers : Catherine: a story : Men's wives, etc. / by William Makepeace Thackeray ; with illustrations by J.E. Millais, Luke Fildes, and the author.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Selections. 1898.
- Biographical edition.
- New York; Harper & Brothers Publishers New York and London, 1898.
and London : Harper & Brothers Publishers New York and London, 1898.
- Physical Description:
- xxxvi, 711,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5608 .A3 1898Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Spine title: Barry Lyndon &c.
Half-title: The biographical edition. The works of William Makepeace Thackery, with biographical introductions by his daughter, Anne Ritchie. In thirteen volumes. Volume IV. The memoirs of Barry Lyndon, Esq. The Fitz-Boodle papers. Catherine: a story, etc.
Engravings by Joseph Swain; after John Everett Millais and Luke Fildes.
Each story has divisional half-t.p.; pagination and register continuous.
BAC: Bound in black-stamped blue cloth publisher's binding. Stamp in black ink on t.p.: W. H. Cline.
- Subject Terms:
- Cline, W. H. -- Stamp.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.
- Wood engravings -- 1898.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.