The poets of the nineteenth century / selected and edited by the Rev. Robert Aris Willmott, incumbent of Bearwood ; with English and American additions, arranged by Evert A. Duyckinck, editor of the Cyclopedia of American literature ; illustrated with one hundred and thirty-two engravings, drawn by eminent artists.
- New York : Harper & Brothers, publishers, Franklin Square, 1858.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 616 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR1221 .W55 1858Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David and Judith RossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Some of the engravings signed by John Andrew. Illustrations by Benjamin Franklin Foster, W. W. Harvey, Sir John Gilbert, Arthur Hughes, Harrison Weir, Thomas Bolton Gilchrist Septimus Dalziel, Sir John Tenniel, Edward Duncan, John R. Clayton, James Godwin, James Duffield Harding, G. Dodgson, Ford Maddox Brown, Sir John Everett Millais, William Leighton Leitch, John Henry Hill, Felix Octavius Carr Darley, John William Casilear, Frederick Richard Pickersgill, Edward Henry Corbould, Daniel Maclise, William Mulready, Clarkson Stanfield, Edward Goodall, D. Edwards, and Augustus Hoppin.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt-stamped blue cloth blocked in gilt on front and spine. Blind-stamped on lower board. Gilt edges.
- Subject Terms:
- American poetry -- 19th century.English poetry -- 19th century.Gift books.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Ross, David and Judith -- Provenance.
- Gift books -- 1858.
Wood engravings -- 1858.
YCBA Collections Search
Willmott, Robert Aris, 1809-1863, The poets of the nineteenth century , 1858
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.